Monday, September 12, 2005

Hope

Tell me what this passage means for you ...

Brothers, we do not want you to be ignorant about those who fall asleep, or to grieve like the rest of men who have no hope. We believe that Jesus died and rose again and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him. According to the Lord's own word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep. For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. Therefore encourage each other with these words. 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18

3 comments:

mmmmm said...

I can't think for myself when it comes to scripture. That's why we send people to seminary to think in our stead.

Kristen said...

Obviously this was a poorly worded assignment. My intent was for you to reflect on the hope offered to us as believers in this passage as we grieve the passing of a loved one who knows the Lord. Thank you, JB and Jeremy for showing me the error of my ways! Glad to know you're out there keeping me on my toes! -- KH

Trigun said...

I don't know about others, but when I reflect on it I see the hope offered to us as believers in this passage. =P
Do I get a gold star now?
Seriously though, it means that one sweet day all us believers are gonna be with God and totally rock out. The goodbyes of godly friends and family members aren't forever. Therefore, I encourage you with that promise.
It says in the Bible that,"Friends are friends forever if the Lord's the Lord of them," or was it Michael W. Smith? Either way it's very true =P