Wednesday, November 08, 2006

I Know It's Been a While ...

This is just a quick post to let you know that I am still here. It's been a crazy month since my last post. The day after I wrote the blog about paintings and prayer, I interviewed with Cornerston Christian Women's Job Corps for their Site Coordinator's position. Many of you will remember, I interviewed with them back in August also, but the job did not work out at that time. In October, I refused to get my hopes up again, but just four days later, I was giving my two weeks notice to my beloved Meals on Wheels, and making plans to join the Cornerstone team. My first day in the office was Wednesday, November 1, and it's been a whirlwind week of learning! Thank you so much for your prayers and interest in all that God has been up to in my life. Cornerstone Christian Women's Job Corps (CCWJC) is a ministry of WMU which helps women who are unemployed or underemployed develop life skills to prepare themselves for the job market. It's an incredible organization that I am so excited to be a part of. If you know me at all, you will laugh when I tell you I've found a place where I get to spend half my time working with women in need and the other half doing marketing/public relations in the community raising support and awareness for this ministry. :-) In January, I prayed God would give me a job/ministry I would love and be passionate about once I graduated in May. It was nearly six months after graduation before I started here, but I can already tell you, He does all things VERY well. I look forward to sharing more with you along the journey.

No comments: