Friday, March 06, 2015

Draw the Circle

A little over two years ago, my extended family, challenged by my cousin Steven and his wife Daisy, decided to walk through a 40 Day Prayer Challenge based on a book by Mark Batterson called "Draw the Circle."   Each of us selected some very specific things we would commit to pray about, areas in our lives in which we were asking God to move and start a revival in our own hearts.

Someone mentioned that book to me last week, and this week, with so much time on my hands (thanks Texas Snow!), I decided to dig out the prayer journal I was using through that season.  Y'all, God. Is. Faithful.

Not only has He answered the specific things I asked of Him (none in the ways I would have preferred or envisioned at the time), but He is continuing to move and to work and to answer even now.

He put a necessary end to some dreams while stirring up old passions and birthing new dreams in me.  And, as I've pursued those, He has gone far and above to out-dream me -- reminding me once again how much bigger and better His plans are than my wildest dreams.

I know I haven't blogged much lately, but I just needed to take a minute (for anyone who might stumble across this) and say how grateful I am for a God who hears and responds and seems to enjoy delighting His children with very good gifts.

No comments: