One afternoon, the guy I was dating at the time went with me to deliver meals. Our route took us by the home of John, a client I saw weekly and with whom I had a very friendly relationship. When we walked up to the door, John pulled a "dad" move and stuck out his hand with a very formal introduction. I just smiled.
The next week, I returned on my own for my regular visit, and John says, "So, Kristen ... that young man with you last week ... was that your ... son?" WHAT?!?! I explained that he was a friend, my age. He had facial hair for pete's sake!
John just put his hand on his head and groaned, "Oh, Darlin', what have I done? I meant to say 'husband' ... Is he your husband?!" I just laughed. John said sheepishly, "Gosh, I just wanted to know if that was my competition." Ha! "Too late, John -- damage done."
I couldn't help but laugh, but it was by far the most offensive thing ever asked by a client. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment